Empowering Ugandan Local Communities
Viglance is everyone's Responsibility
| | | | | | |
Welcome to Paul FOCEA-Uganda E.Africa Site
FOCEA ORGANIZATION PROFILE
Organization : Foundation for Child Empowerment and Advocacy (FOCEA)
Office : New Creation Building, Masese Co Hill Road, DANIDA Estate, Masese Parish, Walukuba / Masese Division, Jinja District
Uganda – East Africa
Address : P.O. Box 1000
Jinja – Uganda East Africa
Tel: +256-752-936898 / 772-412345
Web page: www.catcomm.org type project No. 846
Area of Operation : Jinja District
Legal Status : Registered Non-Governmental Community Based Organization (CBO) Reg. No. 120422
By the Jinja District Local Government –
Republic of Uganda
Year of Formation : 2001 and Registered on 1st September 2003 as a CBO
Programme Areas : Advocacy and case follow-up, Empowerment and capacity building, Counseling and guidance, health, nutrition and sanitation, Early Childhood Development, research, net working and membership development
Target Group : Children, youth, households and communities
Contact Person : Batambuze Paul Wamuka.
FOCEA – Uganda
0752-936898 E-Mail: email@example.com
FOCEA Background information
FOCEA – Uganda is an indigenous non discriminative registered membership non governmental community based organization (CBO) started in 2001 by child Rights activists and registered on 1st September 2003 by the Jinja District Local Government in the Republic of Uganda with registration certificate Number 120422
It was formed to respond to the increasing challenge of human rights violations, child abuse / neglect cases, out of school and working children, HIV/AIDS infected and affected people, street children, orphans and vulnerable children in Masese Parish, Walukuba / Masese Division, Jinja District and Uganda as a whole.
Most children, youth and households in communities due to abject poverty, diseases, illiteracy, over population, civil wars, rural-urban migration, drought / famine, break down in the African traditional society setting, backwardness, corruption, ungodliness, injustice, poor governance, lack accountability, unemployment etc have been left often abused, neglected, homeless, trafficked, orphans, child labourers, commercial sex workers, exploited, tortured, killed, disabled, malnourished, marginalized hence victims of several circumstances. It’s upon this background that FOCEA was formed to join the struggle in addressing the above short comings.
“To have a world where all children and all human beings are cared for, empowered, supported and in order to make the world a better home for them”.
“Advocating, empowering and supporting of the abused, neglected children, orphans and vulnerable children, youth, households and communities in order to realize their full potentials”.
“To improve upon the social-economic welfare of the children, youth, households and communities for their growth and development.
1. To carry out advocacy promotion, support and defense for children’s rights in particular the UN convention on the rights of the child, the African Chatter on the Rights and welfare of the child and all local legal documents in relation to children welfare.
2. To empower children, youth, households and communities social economically.
3. To withdraw, support and maintain at school and in communities the abused, neglected, orphans and vulnerable children, child labourers with possible legal, medical, shelter, education, food, clothing, psychology social services etc.
4. To join the struggle in the fight against HIV/AIDS and effects on children, youth, households and communities.
5. To lobby governments and agencies / organizations on child related laws and policies.
6. To promote and build the capacities of communities in areas of health, hygiene, water, sanitation, nutrition, Early Childhood Development programmes, household poverty, food security and community participation in all matters that affects them.
7. To cultivate, nurture and foster the spirit of peaceful conflict resolution, good governance, accountability, transparence and tolerance among communities for sustainable development, peace, harmony, growth and development.